- MSEA worked with the Mississippi Legislature and Mississippi State Tax Commission to produce, and make available to all Mississippi equestrians, an attractive license plate designed to promote Mississippi equine and the people who breed, own, train, and treat them. The bill has passed, and the license plate is available now from your county tax collector.
- MSEA is now supporting the same license plate for trailers and other vehicles used to transport horses. Legislation was introduced in 2010 and received the necessary support for passage in the 2011 state legislative session.
- MSEA supports Mississippi State University students studying Equine Veterinary Medicine with $1,000 scholarships for the past 7 years. MSEA is planning a second $25,000 MSU endowment to permanently mandate two MSEA scholarships at Mississippi State University.
- MSEA is now supporting the State of Mississippi Horse Show Association (SOMHSA) with High Point Belt Buckle Awards. In 2009, MSEA contributed $1650 to the SOMHSA to ensure the quality event that all Mississippi equestrians wanted to see. Then,
we sponsored it again in 2010 and 2011, and with your help and God is willing -- we'll be back again to sponsor you in 2012.
- MSEA is our state's official affiliate of the American Horse Council in Washington, D.C. MSEA will also be working with Mississippi Colleges/Universities and the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, and other groups interested in the expansion and 'spotlighting' of horses as a Mississippi business development.
- MSEA plans to portray winners of state equine artwork and photography on its website, www.mssaddleup.org If you have artwork or photography you would like to have considered, send your contact information to email@example.com.
- MSEA will work with local grassroots equestrian organizations to support new riding arenas and riding trails. Projects will be presented to state organizations like the Tennessee Valley Authority, Pearl River Valley Development District, Pat Harrison Waterway District, county Boards of Supervisors and the Mississippi State Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
- MSEA will continue to support the Mississippi Burn Center, Mississippi Special Olympics, Mississippi Therapeutic Horseman, and other special needs groups with our dollars and our website.